Do you put off doing business development because you’re worried that you won’t get the results you want? Perhaps it’s become a task you dread – and you just feel like you’re not good at business development and struggle to want to make time for it? Don’t worry – you’re not alone!
In fact, most people actually HAVE the tools and skills to be successful when it comes to business development… but because they don’t measure the success of their business development properly, they can start to feel like they don’t know how to do it/ that their business development skills aren’t effective – and they can end up avoiding it altogether. (Which we know isn’t going to help us make more profit right?!)
In this episode, I’m sharing the metrics that you *really* need to focus on when it comes to business development (and you’ll be pleased to hear that it’s not all tracking LinkedIn connection requests and endless spreadsheet-ing!) Instead, we’re focusing on the key areas that you need to focus on and that are crucial to the success of your business development.
We’re going to be covering:
- The FIVE core metrics that you need to focus on in order to see maximum results from your business development. We’ll be looking at these key areas in detail so that you know exactly what you need to be tracking to get the fast results you want! (And I’ll be sharing the things that you can avoid tracking forevermore too!)
- The psychological reasons that we avoid tracking our numbers, why it’s totally normal – and how you can motivate yourself to start… even if you think that your numbers are low/ small/ not worth measuring! If we can understand why we don’t take action/ monitor our activities, it makes it much easier to understand our triggers and start moving past them.
- How to use your metrics to create easy and simple analysis of what is actually working in your business – and where you can ‘let go’. I’m sharing the top secrets used by real salespeople so that you can start measuring your metrics effectively AND enjoy using them to skyrocket your sales.
Alongside all of this gold, I’ll also be sharing;
- The real definition of metrics and the clearest ways to use them so that you can create predictable, consistent and scalable sales results.
- Why selling on social media has been distracting you from the real metrics that you need to be focusing on in order to generate business to business (B2B) sales – and how to refocus your attention.
- The next steps for metrics tracking; why they become pointless if you don’t use them to create clear plans of action – and how to do that in quick and simple ways.
** If you’ve enjoyed today’s episode, please take the time to LEAVE A REVIEW ** I read every single one personally – and shout you out on the show too. Not sure how to leave a review? Check out our simple ‘Leaving a Review Guide’ here: http://bit.ly/howtoreviewmypodcast
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Converting Corporates Bundle: If you’re looking to learn the foundational pieces to successfully sell your services to corporate organisations, grab this fabulous self study programme here! You’ll learn how to; Create your 250K corporate sales plan, set your business development strategy for success, understand and successfully generate qualified leads and hear from real hiring managers on their top tips for pitching to organisations! http://bit.ly/convertingcorporatesbundle
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering the final exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, book it here now: https://bit.ly/corporateexploratorysession
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects: https://bit.ly/top-5-business-development-questions
The information contained above is provided for information purposes only. The contents of this article, video or audio are not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on any of the contents of this article, video or audio. Professional advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from taking any action as a result of the contents of this article, video or audio. Jessica Lorimer disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any of the contents of this article, video or audio.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are for products and services offered by the podcast creator.