There are some objections that corporate decision makers raise all the time – and it’s infuriating when you know that they’ll come up, but not how to respond! Over the last few years, I’ve heard tons of entrepreneurs get frustrated about hearing the same objections time and again from corporate organisations – only to feel like they’re never quite handling them in the right way. If that’s you? Then this episode has you covered! I’m sharing how you can improve your objection handling skills when dealing with stakeholders – in a consultative, easy (not sleazy!) way so that you can feel more confident and comfortable to talk around any reservations that your stakeholders/ corporate decision makers might have… and get the best outcome for both of you!
In this episode, I’m sharing;
- The homework/ reflections that you should be doing at the beginning of Q2 to make sure that you can have your best B2B sales quarter yet. ([01:19])
- How we reflect on quarterly successes inside The C Suite . ([01:47])
- Why seasonality is important to monitor if you’re working with corporate organisations. ([02:20])
- How wedding shopping has showcased some of the worst sales experiences I’ve ever seen. ([03:07])
- How the Converting Corporates Bundle can support you if you’re not able to attend Converting Corporates live this month. ([05:46])
- Why financial new year is the perfect time for you to get started with your B2B sales process. ([07:11])
- Creating predictable B2B/ corporate revenue streams in 2022. ([08:49])
- The biggest reason that stakeholders put forward objections. ([09:37])
- Understanding what an objection really is from a corporate stakeholders perspective. ([10:40])
- Whether or not we’re in control of objections becoming rejections. ([11:37])
- How feeling resentful towards a decision maker for raising an objection can lose you future sales. ([13:04])
- The real purpose behind a decent objection handling process. ([13:52])
- Why we should stop using the word ‘overcome’ when we talk about objections. ([16:01])
- How different economical factors will make objections seem more prevalent… and why we need to establish validity quickly. ([17:12])
- Where objections really come up / appear in the B2B sales process. ([18:59])
- Whether objections are really problems that the stakeholder is having – or not! ([19:43])
- How we can pre-empt objections during our sales calls. ([20:20])
- Establishing whether or not an objection is valid/ real. ([21:18])
- Three types of corporate objections that we hear most often when selling to corporate companies. ([22:50])
- Understanding whether the stakeholder hasn’t given us the correct information – or whether we’ve misinterpreted the need. ([25:35])
- The ‘hard-sell’ process that B2B salespeople often attempt to overcome sales objections. ([26:55])
- How we can use empathy to handle objections in a better way. ([29:38])
- Using consultative questioning techniques to establish the validity of an objection. ([30:11])
- Understanding how to challenge your stakeholders in a courteous but consultative, way. ([32:49])
- How to avoid aggressive questioning when handling objections from your decision maker. ([33:37])
- Supporting your stakeholder to make the best decision for them. ([35:13])
- How we can agree mutually beneficial next steps to support future sales. ([35:49])
- Why stock/ scripted answers don’t work to handle corporate objections. ([37:14])
- Upcoming episodes so that you can get excited! ([39:11])
Key Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Make sure you grab your spot to Converting Corporates this April for an epic two day, in-person implementation workshop. We’re covering areas like; pricing, negotiation, selling retainers, setting (and managing!) client boundaries around your sales process and improving your consultative sales skills to sell better, quicker and enjoy it more. Click here to grab your ticket!
Take the Selling to Corporate offer quiz and find out what the best offer is that you could sell to corporate.
Join The C Suite now! If you’re looking to get the best support in selling your services to corporate organisations, not to mention hundreds of email templates, swipe files and proposal outlines so that you really can convert at much higher rates and sell your services more successfully then click here to join the waitlist now.
Converting Corporates Bundle: If you’re looking to learn the foundational pieces to successfully sell your services to corporate organisations, grab this fabulous self study programme here! You’ll learn how to; Create your 250K corporate sales plan, set your business development strategy for success, understand and successfully generate qualified leads and hear from real hiring managers on their top tips for pitching to organisations!
Book an exploratory chat with me! I’m offering exploratory sessions with me so that you can ask any questions you have about The C Suite and how it can benefit your business. These opportunities are incredibly limited – so if you’d like my eyes on your business and a totally transparent conversation about how The C Suite could support your goals, schedule your call today.
Top 5 Business Development Questions: If you’re looking to convert more business development calls into sales? You need to be asking the right questions and getting the best information to support future work. Download my Top 5 BDQs here and start getting quality information from your prospects.
If you’ve been consuming the content and LOVE the show, please make sure you take five minutes out of your day to leave a review.