From well known practitioner to well paid and fulfilled business owner
Bahee Van de Bor was already a phenomenal paediatric dietitian when she joined The C Suite ® and had been working in the NHS for a prestigious children’s hospital in the UK before she decided to go into private practice in Harley Street.
Whilst Bahee had a ton of professional experience, accolades and research papers behind her, she had assumed that her private practice would be primarily focused on supporting individual families/ children with dietary needs. However, on being approached by a key brand to work on a children’s menu project, she realised that she wanted more B2B revenue – and the opportunity to change the ways that children eat outside the home/ at restaurants so that they can be happy, healthy and their parents don’t have to cook 24/7! She knew that she wanted to work with organisations and make a bigger impact on children’s health around the globe, but wasn’t sure on the process that she’d need to put in place – or whether it was even possible in her niche.
Bahee joined The C Suite ® in January 2020 and was unsure about;
- What corporate organisations would want from her
- Whether big brands would want to work directly with her (as a lot have in-house capabilities for nutritional needs)
But she was also lacking confidence in the B2B sales process – and worried about pricing her services appropriately. Prior to joining The C Suite ® Bahee had no new business development process/ B2B sales strategy and this led to her feeling wary about working with corporates and charging premium prices to ensure that she was able to get big results for companies with a healthy profit margin for her business too.
Six months on and Bahee has been steadily putting in the work to generate qualified leads, practice running business development calls and upped her pricing – and she’s now;
- Working regularly with both big brands and start-ups to support healthy children’s nutrition inside and outside of the home.
- Has clear strategies that she uses to generate consistent leads (that she’s regularly turning into sales with a fab conversion rate!)
- Charging her highest ever fees and feeling confident to have discussions around budgets / pricing – and feeling clear in her worth as an external supplier.
- Had two proposals accepted on the same day from corporate clients who are paying her fees and are excited to work with her and implement her advice quickly and effectively.
- Running a primarily B2B based business alongside being an awesome wife, mother of two children and setting all of this up during a global pandemic!